Scuffle between offshore and onshore, strife between team and my boss,
A Hero-Saves-The-Day syndrome, that was leading to organizational loss.
I was a new dad at that time, a rookie manager at workplace,
I quietly made a lateral move, to manage life at a slower pace.
Good manager replaced with an average one, that left me under utilized,
I thought I deserved, but didn't get, the promotion that was prized.
So I ventured forth as a freelance coach, where my skills could be better used,
Aligning my work with my values, where psychology and leadership fused.
My new boss only talked sweet- didn't pay me for a whole year,
The ethical lines kept blurring, I felt powerless my dear.
So I decided to start afresh, I was looking for an escape hatch,
A calling that can make me live again, to which I could latch.
I've mastered the entrepreneurial journey, I'm ready to take the next step,
It's time to write a new chapter, let me now for poetry school prep.
PS: Today's post is inspired by, and tries to map, the 4 career quests identified in Lenny's substack (though not in the same order) here.
No comments:
Post a Comment