Survive school or college together, chances become great,
That you'll become BFFs, proximity seals your fate.
Even when older you can still attend, to opportunities to socialize,
That you can't make friends at work or in neighborhood, is a pack of lies.
When you notice someone of your vibe, be vulnerable and intend,
Take actions to bring them into your fold, be caring and to them tend.
Make them a part of your daily life, a regular book club or kitty,
And schedule a monthly zoom call, for those not in the same city.
Friendships can take many forms, why over family they must take a back seat,
You can switch jobs together or live nearby, it can get messy, it's not neat.
You may not be able to keep in touch, life often throws curveballs,
There's grace in making the first move, and breaking the imaginary walls.
I know how to revive and make new friends, I've learnt from the friendship files.
But of the one friend that I've lost for good, the distance stretches miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment