My mouth is turning down, the eyes have started to swell,
As I think about you darling, not everything is well.
One look at my face, and it's as clear as hell,
I'm suffering in my bones, ready to retreat in my shell.
My mouth is turned down, the eyes are filled with tears,
I've learnt how to catch your eyes, over the passing years.
One look at my face, you'll come running to my aide,
We attuned at some point, that debt has to be paid.
My mouth I turn down, the eyes I make moist,
I may not feel broken, but my sadness I hoist.
Could I be relieved, and happy that you're gone,
But to conform to society norms, feel sad and alone?
My mouth I've learnt to control, I've put on a poker face,
My sadness, if there, is for me, for you no external trace.
No comments:
Post a Comment