Monday, August 10, 2026

Black or White?

Bright light falls on me, I'm at my very best,
Showcased for others, I laugh and have to jest.
My light gets reflected, it can travel a hundred mile,
The mirror blinds vision, so I haven't looked in a while.
 
Darkness engulfs me, I with my shadow merge,
Hidden from others, baser instincts emerge.
Confronted with the abyss, no one dares to light a match,
The stakes are so high, that none can the black hole catch.
 
Dusk and dawn are liberating, I can finally myself be,
When others are equally hazy, there's no pressure to clearly see.
In the orange and red light, I am but a bundle of shades of gray,
The dewdrops capture delicately, the rainbow that's there to stay. 
 
Paint me in monochrome all you want, I'm neither black nor white,
The more I observe the grays in me, the more colors appear in sight.

No comments: