Sunday, February 5, 2023

I Know Why The Trapped Fish Shines

A question that haunts me, day and night, 
Can I escape this world, of aqua and white? 
Should I stay content, and never roam, 
Or fulfill my yearning, for seas unknown?
 
But what if I am set, accidentally free, 
Can I find my route, towards the vast sea? 
My fins are weak, and though I daily pined, 
I was limited to this tank, have remained confined.
 
The dream of freedom, a current I chase, 
But this tank is my only, safe and familiar place. 
The weight of this dream, is pulling me down, 
I keep swimming in circles, and live without renown.
 
Today, however,  I saw in the aquarium's glass,
That I'm shiny and golden and of a different class.

PS: This was written in conjunction with chatGPT. I asked chatGPT to convert the poem 'Setting the Birdie Free' to fish from bird and then played around with the output and refined it a lot.

No comments: