Saturday, February 5, 2022

From Strength to Strength

Crushing under it's own weight, fragile as glass,
My crush for you was fleeting, insecure, rather crass.
A candle extinguished prematurely, before drawing it's last breath,
The slightest whiff of jealousy, sounding it's death.

Tossed and turned around, robust as steel,
My love for you has lasted, remained whole, no big deal.
A flame simmering steadily, enshrined in a lamp,
Weathering many storms, and days dry and damp.

Sucking in deep on being resisted, antifragile like a marsh,
My bond for you becomes stronger, the more the life is harsh.
A wildfire that burns brightly, with each gust jumping tree,
What used to end it earlier, now sets the spark within free.

Over the years I have put up a facade, that grows stronger the more you poke,
That I am as soft as ever on the insides, I wish it was a joke.

No comments: