Wednesday, February 14, 2024

A Valentine Day Wish

In yonder times, I would have pined, to be a slipper on your feet,  
In modern times, to be a smartphone, is an experience none can beat. 
You'll touch me all time, let me keep you in my heart, and never let me die,
I'll remind occasionally of memories that day, you'll keep scrolling, never say bye.

You'll keep me within your reach and grasp, never let me out of sight,
You'll never let me fall or break, protect me with all your might. 
Even the parts of me that are, made of glass or marked fragile,
You'll harden them with love and care, and without any malice or guile. 

You'll spend your days and nights with me, always on the lookout,
Of the slightest quivers I may undergo, or the sirens I may shout.
Each silent or vocal cry will be met, with quick and prompt action, 
You'll check to see what I have to say, for ain't I your one and only one?

Hold me tight, hold me close, as you spend ages with me, to prefect that selfie, 
I couldn't fit in the picture perhaps, but of the frame I can surely a part be.  

No comments: