Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Asking for Help

Drained beyond redemption, broken beyond repair, 
I'm losing my marbles, I'm gasping for air. 
One more death by suicide, all in a course of a day,
No one appears bothered, but on my mind it seems to weigh.

The common man doesn't care, not his circus, not his monkey,
Its I who gets embroiled in lost causes- am I just another adrenaline junkie? 
Does the quest to go after the nearly impossible, drives me and gives me kicks, 
Am I mourning the one whom I couldn't reach, or the next one for whom the clock ticks. 
 
My #ZeroSuicideMission looks good on paper, each new death mocks and makes its fun,
If I don't succeed in making a dent, who will raise hope- where there is none. 
There is neither hope for the drowning, nor for the savior- nor for any wannabe, 
I've put all my energies in this project, I'm at a stage where I just want to let it be.

Me, I, Mine, I have made this mission, more about myself than about them,
If we really want to put an end to this scourge, I'll need your help - together we can.

 
 

No comments: