Thursday, September 12, 2024

Better Than Me?

What to play next, I let Spotify decide,
I let algorithms rule, as long as there's manual override.
I can skip a song, choose what to play next, 
But I'm usually on auto play- the algo knows the best.    

Be it operators in lifts, or controls in self driving cars, 
We initially design things, where there's scope for manual overpower.
Slowly and steadily, we need to hand over the reins,
Let the pilots enjoy the scenery, while the machine flies the planes.  

To do manually leads to errors, to outcomes that are lame,
That AI can do something better, but we don't trust- is a shame.
The accidents can reduce, if there were self driving cars, 
No alcohol, no road rage, no fatigue, no breaking of laws.
 
The algo has a better insight, it can make a better decision, 
I'll trade in my autonomy any day, just allow me my manual intervention. 
 

No comments: