Sunday, August 30, 2026

If Money Were No Object

If money were no object, I'd be hunched at desk,
Writing poems of love, from dawn till dusk.
But the lure of money. is real and strong,
Selling poetry is OK, writing poems wrong.
 
If status were no object, I'd forever be in school,
Wade and wallow in what I love, with the naivety of a fool.  
But your reputation precedes, the work you do,
So I'm tempted to amass degrees, to shut the likes of you. 
 
If duty were no object, I'd just laze all day,
Run agents to do my work, and with ChatGPT play.
But responsibility is a tech debt, keeps you awake at night,
The program keeps running, till it gets the user intent right.
 
If impact were no object, I'd be stuck at a dead end job,
But I'm letting the entrepreneurial grind, my mind peace rob. 

No comments: