Saturday, August 17, 2024

To Call or Not to Call?

Friendships fade, for a million reasons,
Some sour over time, due to changing seasons,
Some abruptly end, with no one knowing why,
Some wither and dissipate, with nothing left to try.  

We never fought, I'm not indebted to you,
Now distant and apart, we were of a kind, we two. 
The motivation lurks, to pick up the phone and call,
I keep rehearsing in my mind, but whole day I stall. 

It's neither your birthday, nor is it the Diwali fest,
If you don't pick up my call, can I brush it in jest?
Or will the awkwardness of having called, and the imaginary humiliation,
Stop this Sudama from calling his friend, who is now at a higher station. 
 
Practice makes it perfect,  today I've called a dozen friends,
That I'll finally speak to you, I'm charged and pumped no ends.


 


No comments: