Thursday, August 1, 2024

Friends Forever?

Friendship day is approaching, let me reach out to that friend, 
That bond got broken over time, it will take time to mend.
When I think of approaching him, he seems a stranger to me,
Although I know as soon as we talk, like old times it would be.

I don't know how his day looks like, just that he's now a big shot,
I'm busy with whats going on in my life, its been ages since we caught. 
How would I feel if he called me today- Happy and elated, of course!
Why do I think my calling out of blue, he'll frown upon and not endorse. 

Then there's this bigger issue, who should call first,
Should only one keep calling, leading to that outburst.
They say it takes two to tango, I'm sure he too loves to dance,
But whether we'll dance again, we are both leaving to chance. 

We may be strangers now, but we were once, friends in the past,
If we can befriend strangers, we can surely become, friends again fast.

No comments: