Sunday, August 25, 2024

My Reading Evolution

I used to read often, for pleasure and fun, 
Famous Five or Five Find Outers, they all seemed one.
The genre was fixed, pulp fiction about Vijay and Vikas,
I used to hide and read- now I'm at peace with that past.
 
I used to read often, fascinated by metaphors and puns,
On the lookout for literary devices, like Chekov's guns. 
To read in Homer more than, what was originally meant to be,  
The short stories and classics, were a license to philosophize for me. 

I used to read often, to gain psychological expertise,
Be it textbooks or popular ones, I used to finish in a breeze.
The mysteries of the human mind, that surface from deep freeze,
Are psychoanalytical or evolutionary? Did I miss the forest for the trees?

I now read daily, to apply, transform and improve,  
By taking the joy out of reading, what exactly did I prove?

No comments: