Success is desiring, and getting what you want,
It's writing your life story, in a bold and dynamic font.
The constant striving, keeps you miserable and driven,
You have to actively stake your claim, it can't be just given.
Happiness is liking, and wanting what you get,
If it's lemons, you make lemonade, you don't cry or fret.
The constant adjustment, makes you complacent and dull,
With no unfulfilled desires, what's the point of living, you mull.
The more you strive for success, the more empty you feel,
The more you pine for happiness, the more with ennui you deal.
The wise men say, it's best, to be equanimous and a Karm Yogi,
I think I've fulfilled the requirement, only to be called out a bogey.
Striving to be equanimous, adjusting to whatever hand I'm dealt,
I still feel hollow in my quest, and bored is all I've recently felt.
No comments:
Post a Comment