Thursday, October 1, 2026

A Solid Connection

When do you feel a connection, is it when you have spent enough time?
Or is it friendship-at-first-sight, the spark instant and sublime?
Why are our enduring friends, from college or school days? 
By spending time our office pals, should be best friends in that case? 
 
Professional bonds have a different vibe, help you grow and watch your back,
Can help you achieve and advance in life, but the warm fuzziness they lack.
Shared rituals give a new lease of life, I try to speak to my son at ten,
Connection deepens when we both carve time, can share anything man-to-man. 
 
There are friends unspoken, years have flown, yet we can pick from where we left,
Just a casual conversation is all it takes, to recover the intervening years' theft.
The friendship can run on auto-pilot, once we've sufficiently grown close,
It's too sublime a bond to conform, to curve between response and dose. 
 
I haven't spoken with you in ages, and I miss you my dear friend,
I'm sure we'll pour our hearts out, when we meet perchance on the next bend. 

No comments: