Thursday, July 30, 2026

Chicken or Egg?

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do, that defines you,
A painful reminder intentions are sterile, until you act and make them true. 
You may wish 'Sarve Bhvanti Sukhinah', believe yourself to be noble and good, 
All that will not exonerate you, if your actions didn't the test of time stood.
 
Don't judge a person, but his actions, is a dictum I hold dear,
If he repents and mends his actions, he can become better is clear. 
So if I want a couch potato to be healthy, should I ask him to daily walk,
Or revel in his new identity of a walker, and on his earlier identity baulk.  
 
If I ask someone to vote, they may vote to a small degree,
But if I ask them to be a voter, they'll internalize that decree,
And vote in large numbers, cause actions follow the self-concept,
If I want to change my actions, working on my 'self' works the best.  
 
You may re-conceptualize yourself all you want, at the end it'll still be true,
It's not who you are underneath, but what you do, that defines you.

No comments: