Thursday, October 10, 2024

The World Mental Health Day

Many pay just lip service, only a few go all hog,
Its celebrated by everyone, from Danny to their dog. 
Indulging in a token act, has become an established fad,  
That none seem to have a skin in the game, it makes me feel so bad.

So I vow to do some activism, spread awareness and stigma fight, 
Shouting from the rooftops, that I have Bipolar, seems so right.  
They still stay huddled in their ghettos, hidden even from Mossad,
That they suffocate in their closet daily, it makes me feel so sad.  

Awareness is not enough it seems, you have to take it to the masses,
Make it affordable for the common man, not just for the classes.  
Therapy sessions cost a bomb, AI chat-bot too is expensive a tad,
That not all can pay for them to be heard, it makes me feel so mad. 

Everyone wishes this scourge to end, from the veteran to the new grad, 
That I'm digging my heels, day in and day out, it makes me feel so glad.

 


No comments: