You are what you pretend, so choose your mask wise,
It will fuse with your face, so better embroider it nice.
The veneer of self confidence, makes your face shine and glow,
Doubts may gnaw at your belly, but you can't let the upper parts know.
In the midst of a winter, pretend you have discovered an invincible summer,
Keep smiling through grief and loss, authenticity- what a bummer.
Your body doesn't really keep track, whether the smile is genuine or fake,
Your mind is already saturated to brim, there's only this much that it can take.
In projecting to be emotionally centered, I have imbibed that role,
Seeking help is surely for losers, being anti-fragile my goal.
I purposely practiced for this adversity, in my mind I've figured it all,
If I neither win nor lose this round, I'll just proclaim it as a close call.
Pretending to live, life on the edge,
Like Humpty Dumpty, I my sanity pledge.
No comments:
Post a Comment