Pages

The Fool's Quest Series

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Asking for Help

Drained beyond redemption, broken beyond repair, 
I'm losing my marbles, I'm gasping for air. 
One more death by suicide, all in a course of a day,
No one appears bothered, but on my mind it seems to weigh.

The common man doesn't care, not his circus, not his monkey,
Its I who gets embroiled in lost causes- am I just another adrenaline junkie? 
Does the quest to go after the nearly impossible, drives me and gives me kicks, 
Am I mourning the one whom I couldn't reach, or the next one for whom the clock ticks. 
 
My #ZeroSuicideMission looks good on paper, each new death mocks and makes its fun,
If I don't succeed in making a dent, who will raise hope- where there is none. 
There is neither hope for the drowning, nor for the savior- nor for any wannabe, 
I've put all my energies in this project, I'm at a stage where I just want to let it be.

Me, I, Mine, I have made this mission, more about myself than about them,
If we really want to put an end to this scourge, I'll need your help - together we can.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment