Pages

The Fool's Quest Series

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Friend Recommendation

Her name pops up, in people you may know, 
Do you know her, asks FB, I'm tempted to say no.
Sending a friend request is an option at length I consider,  
The fear of rejection makes me backtrack, and strongly reconsider.

Somewhat hesitatingly, I finally send the friend request,
Endless waiting follows- have I succeeded in my quest?
Constantly checking her profile, just to make sure,
She has accepted me in her fold, anointed me pure.

Greatly relieved to see, that she has become a friend,
Great validation, that our friendship didn't end. 
Barely a month goes, and I'm aghast to discover,
Her name's again in recommended list- its hard to recover. 

I had expected when she accepted the request, it will last at least a while,
But in a week to be back to square one is disappointing, and on her part, somewhat vile.

No comments:

Post a Comment